Discover 5 online tools that will have tremendous impact on your teaching
There are effective online teaching tools available, and despite some fanciful names, they can help you create rich, high-performing online courses. And … they’re FREE. You can learn about five of the most promising online teaching tools in this seminar.
Five Free Tools for Connecting and Engaging Online Learners shows you how to create engaging course content and a more collaborative environment in your online classes. Led by Shannon Eastep distance learning coordinator at Northern Kentucky University, this content-rich 60-minute video seminar provides live demonstrations of the featured Web 2.0 learning tools, along with detailed case studies of their real-world application.
About your presenter
Shannon Eastep came to NKU in the spring of 2004 and since then has been designing, creating, and supporting online classes for the College of Education and Human Services. As the college’s distance learning coordinator, she works one-on-one with faculty to develop interactive and student centered on-line learning modules. This work has been presented at several conferences including The Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning and The Instructional Technology Council E-Learning Conference. Shannon has a M.Ed. in curriculum and instruction from the University of Cincinnati and an undergraduate degree in management information systems from Ohio University.
In this content-rich, 60-minute video seminar Eastep reviews:
- VoiceThread, an online group discussion tool that allows participants to add comments to a discussion in a variety of ways including voice, text and webcam options
- StudyStack, a way to help students master course content through self-selected activities including games, assessments and other individualized means
- Jing, an exciting application that assists in the creation of screenshots and voice-narrated tutorials, all shared through a simple URL
- AudioBoo, the easiest way yet to record audio podcasts to bring yourself more fully into the online classroom (to introduce each course module, for example)
- Dipity, an innovative application that helps students construct multimedia timelines to present historical content
Eastep walks you through each application step-by-step, demonstrating each one, sharing real-world case studies … even showing you how to register for the applications.
Who will benefit
- Anyone involved in distance education
Some of the best things in online pedagogy, as in life, really are free. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from a leading authority about the “best of the best” in no-cost, high-value online teaching tools.
Have questions or need technical assistance?
Contact our Customer Service Department!
To watch a Magna Online Seminar, you simply need a computer with speakers, web browser, Windows Media Player, and the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.
Questions about our online seminars? FAQ
Want to make this information available for training?
about a Campus Access License to upload it to your campus-wide network and make it available to everyone interested in this seminar.