Whether you’re concerned about cheating or legal rights and responsibilities, a proactive approach helps stop problems before they start. In the Magna Online Seminar, Managing Student Discipline Issues Legally and Effectively our highly-experienced presenters will show you:
- What your syllabus needs to encourage constructive behavior
- How to anticipate the most common classroom management problems
- How to establish a positive tone at your first class.
Information You Need
Preparation makes the difference in classroom management. Presenters Deborah Gonzalez, Esq., and Rob Jenkins, M.A., will help you:
- Understand the rights of students and instructors
- Avoid lawsuits by protecting yours' and your students' safety and rights
- Take a proactive approach to disciplinary problems, from cheating to disrupting class to threatening public safety
- Recognize how disciplinary actions affect your liability
Jenkins and Gonzalez draw on their years of presenting nationally and internationally to make this intermediate level seminar practical, participatory and frequently humorous. You’ll explore real-life classroom management and liability issues through case studies, and almost half of the seminar is devoted to Q & A and learning activities. You’ll receive these additional materials:
- Sample statements for your syllabus
- Questions for self-assessment
- Questions for further discussion
- The Discussion Guide for Facilitators.
Who Should View Managing Student Discipline Issues Legally and Effectively
This intermediate level seminar is perfect for:
- Department chairs
- Academic deans
- Student affairs personnel dealing with disciplinary issues
- Administrative staff dealing with legal liability.
Have questions or need technical assistance?
Contact our Customer Service Department!
To watch a Magna Online Seminar, you simply need a computer with speakers, web browser, Windows Media Player, and the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.
Questions about our online seminars? FAQ