Featured Higher Education Presenter: Linda B. Nilson
Due to growing faculty frustration over evaluations based primarily on student ratings, higher education institutions everywhere seek a better way to conduct faculty assessment.
In this 75-minute audio seminar Dr. Nilson, founding director of the Office of Teaching Effectiveness and Innovation at Clemson University, will show you how to counterbalance student ratings in faculty review by measuring student learning.
Testing for More Than Student Grades
Here’s some of what you’ll learn:
- The multiple reasons to measure students’ learning
- Measures of student learning you can adapt to assess teaching effectiveness
- Specific instruments to help you gather data on student learning
- Techniques to aggregate this data
- How to submit this data for faculty review
- Guidance on using student learning data for another perspective in faculty assessment.
Who will benefit from this seminar?
All faculty members interested in a better approach to assessment of teaching effectiveness can benefit from this intermediate level seminar. Administrators responsible for assessing faculty can improve their practices as well, including:
- Department chairs
- Academic vice-presidents
Want to make this information available for training?
about a Campus Access License to upload it to your campus-wide network.
Have questions or need technical assistance?
Contact our Customer Service Department!
To watch a Magna Online Seminar, you simply need a computer with speakers, web browser, Windows Media Player, and the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.
Questions about our online seminars? FAQ