Featured Higher Education Presenter: Jill Schiefelbein
More and more courses are moving online. That brings opportunities as well as some unique challenges. Do you know how to maximize your effectiveness with students in an online environment?
This seminar features Jill Schiefelbein of Arizona State University. A communications specialist and an accomplished public speaker, Jill has taught and developed online courses at Arizona State University for the past eight years. Class participants will have the opportunity to ask questions of her during the presentation.
- The various online communication channels available
- The pros and cons of each
- How media richness can influence your communication choices
- Best ways to enhance communication through various channels
- How to judge where you are on the online learning curve
- Suggestions for taking the ‘next step’
- How to effectively inject your personality and engage students
Who will benefit from this seminar?
If you’d like to personalize your online course, this seminar will give you the tools to do so. Those who are members of one of these groups should consider attending:
- Online instructors–professors, adjuncts, and teaching assistants
- Training coordinators
- Curriculum specialists and developers
- Supervisors or anyone involved in evaluating online instructors
- Graduate assistants or anyone who wants to teach
- Any institution considering online training for employees
Have questions or need technical assistance?
Contact our Customer Service Department!
To watch a Magna Online Seminar, you simply need a computer with speakers, web browser, Windows Media Player, and the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.
Questions about our online seminars? FAQ
Want to make this information available to all online instructors?
about a Campus Access License to upload it to your campus-wide network and make it available to everyone interested in using interactive online lectures.